I wrote an entire page and it didn't publish and then it erased, so now I am just going to be brief:
I loved the thoughts on the temple on Page 47-48.
My favorite part of the entire book was on Page 60. Brad Wilcox said, "This gives us all the more reason to turn to the Savior, whose message is not just 'Come unto me' but 'Come as you are.' He doesn't say, 'Go get your act together and then come back when you fit the mold.' He says in essence, 'Let's start right where you are and go from there.'" I love Chieko Okasaki's thoughts on the same page.
On Page 108 Elder Gerald N. Lund wrote: "Remember that one of Satan's strategies, especially with good people, is to whisper in their ears: 'If you are not perfect, you are failing.' This is one of his most effective deceptions....We should recognize that Gld is pleased with every effort we make - no matter how faltering - to better ourselves".
On Page 175 Elder Neal A. Maxwell taught that when people fall away due to lack of self-discipline, it is because "their perspective shrinks."
And the final thought that I loved from Brad Wilcox was, "God Doesn't condone sin, but He knows that broken covenants can lead to broken hearts, which can lead us to Him, the mender of all broken things. This process allows us to grow and gain charity as well as forgiveness and acceptance."
I hope you loved this book as much as I did. Until the next book......
I wrote an entire page and it didn't publish and then it erased, so now I am just going to be brief:
ReplyDeleteI loved the thoughts on the temple on Page 47-48.
My favorite part of the entire book was on Page 60. Brad Wilcox said, "This gives us all the more reason to turn to the Savior, whose message is not just 'Come unto me' but 'Come as you are.' He doesn't say, 'Go get your act together and then come back when you fit the mold.' He says in essence, 'Let's start right where you are and go from there.'" I love Chieko Okasaki's thoughts on the same page.
On Page 108 Elder Gerald N. Lund wrote: "Remember that one of Satan's strategies, especially with good people, is to whisper in their ears: 'If you are not perfect, you are failing.' This is one of his most effective deceptions....We should recognize that Gld is pleased with every effort we make - no matter how faltering - to better ourselves".
On Page 175 Elder Neal A. Maxwell taught that when people fall away due to lack of self-discipline, it is because "their perspective shrinks."
And the final thought that I loved from Brad Wilcox was, "God Doesn't condone sin, but He knows that broken covenants can lead to broken hearts, which can lead us to Him, the mender of all broken things. This process allows us to grow and gain charity as well as forgiveness and acceptance."
I hope you loved this book as much as I did. Until the next book......