I guess I will be the first one to post something. I learned so much from this book. I felt like I needed to read each sentence twice to understand the full meaning of it. I thought it was interesting when Elder Scott listed emotions (Page 9) that will prevent us from feeling the spirit. The one that surprised me was "hurt." We must control feeling "hurt" so the spirit can be with us. I have never thought of that before. I also loved this thought on Page 9, " When we are acting as instruments in behalf of others, we are more easily inspired than when we think only of ourselves. In the process of helping others, the Lord can piggyback directions for our own benefit." I loved the whole thought process on Page 85. I loved SO many thoughts in this book, but I will just end with a thought on Page 35, "His invitation, 'Ask, and ye shall receive' does not assure that you will get what you want. It does guarantee that, if worthy, you will get what you need, as judged by a Father that loves you perfectly, who wants your eternal happiness even more than you do."
I felt like I needed to read everything else twice too. One thing that stuck out to me is on page 30 where he says that "The Lord has placed currents of divine influence in your life that will lead you along the individual plan He would have you fulfill here on earth... What you decide to do now in mortality will affect how well you fulfill that divine, personal plan He has for you. I do not fully understand how it is done, but his divine current does not take away your moral agency... It is wondrously simple and so incomparably beautiful. As you continue to live righteously, you will always know what to do.
I guess I will be the first one to post something. I learned so much from this book. I felt like I needed to read each sentence twice to understand the full meaning of it. I thought it was interesting when Elder Scott listed emotions (Page 9) that will prevent us from feeling the spirit. The one that surprised me was "hurt." We must control feeling "hurt" so the spirit can be with us. I have never thought of that before. I also loved this thought on Page 9, " When we are acting as instruments in behalf of others, we are more easily inspired than when we think only of ourselves. In the process of helping others, the Lord can piggyback directions for our own benefit." I loved the whole thought process on Page 85. I loved SO many thoughts in this book, but I will just end with a thought on Page 35, "His invitation, 'Ask, and ye shall receive' does not assure that you will get what you want. It does guarantee that, if worthy, you will get what you need, as judged by a Father that loves you perfectly, who wants your eternal happiness even more than you do."
ReplyDeleteI felt like I needed to read everything else twice too. One thing that stuck out to me is on page 30 where he says that "The Lord has placed currents of divine influence in your life that will lead you along the individual plan He would have you fulfill here on earth... What you decide to do now in mortality will affect how well you fulfill that divine, personal plan He has for you. I do not fully understand how it is done, but his divine current does not take away your moral agency... It is wondrously simple and so incomparably beautiful. As you continue to live righteously, you will always know what to do.
ReplyDelete