Monday, August 11, 2014

The Continuous Conversion

Please join us in reading The Continuous Conversion by Brad Wilcox for the month of August. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I will be the first and ONLY :) one to comment on this book. I have recommended this book and The Continuous Atonement to dozens of friends and family because these books were truly life changing for me. I love when a book can help change my perspective and allow me to see something in a new light. I found so many treasures in this book. Where do I begin with this book? Where do I begin......

    Page 17 "A God who asks nothing of us is making nothing of us, and that is not the case."

    Page 59 I loved the thoughts about the "natural man." Brother Wilcox prefers to use the phrase "unrepentant man" because there is nothing "natural" about it. Our spirits are not inherently evil. You can read his entire thought process on the second paragraph of this page.

    Page 206 I love the thought that if we are doing what is right, the Lord will help us know where we should focus our time. It could change hour to hour, day to day. Robert L. Millet wrote, "What comes first, Church or family?.....Well, doesn't the kingdom lead out? No, isn't the family the most important unit in time and eternity? The fact is God comes first, and if we seek his will, he will make known to us what, in that specific instance, comes second."

    Page 208 "Although Jesus was often surrounded by throngs of people all desiring His attention simultaneously, He always knew which one needed Him most right then. The woman with the issue of blood came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment and Jesus turned Him about, and when he saw her, he said, 'Daughter, be of good comfort'. We do not have Christ's perfect knowledge but we do have his Spirit to be with us. As we are thronged by people and projects all competing for our time and attention, we can trust the Spirit to touch the hem of our garments and turn us about to focus on the most important need right then."

    ReplyDelete